Thursday, 18 September 2008

Update

It is getting hotter over here, on Saturday we had 28C so I got taken to Palm Beach for lunch and dolphins watching. We saw about 6 of them playing with the wave, so relaxing and enjoyable. The beaches are really wonderful over here and I have been told that for Christmas people go out to the beach and eat lobster. No skiing, no snow no cold…how sad…
Unfortunately on Sunday it was raining again and it cooled down. A good excuse for my Swedish flat mate to rent the whole season one of Ally McBeal. So part of the afternoon was dedicated to this highly academically task and since then I cannot get rid of the theme song.

After a while you get to talk with people about more personal thinks like politics. Like go to vote, in Switzerland either you vote or not. In Australia either you vote or you pay a fine of AUD55! Kind of weird in my opinion because apparently they just vote to vote and not vote to change. Well other country other customs.

I will be off next week so tonight I get my farewell party as the boss will be away after and I am hoping to avoid the karaoke as this seems to be a big issue over here. They have a karaoke machine in the office, can you believe that. Well let’s hope for the best and more news to follow

1 comment:

Jenny said...

only one week left - so enjoy the last days and have a safe trip home